Archive


An effort to become more cultural (more to come later)

People who know me will generally say that I am on a never-ending quest to become more cultured. When will it end?! 

As of right now I've composed a bit of a reading list for myself which I will get into later on, but I'd like to at least share some of the books I've read as of late and highly recommend at that:

Auntie Mame, in all it's deliciousness




I'll admit, I was one of those people who 'watched the movie then read the book' but I really don't care :). This book is amazing, its completely satisfying too. It has style (number 1), comedy (an important runner up), and most importantly an overall theme of loving your family despite their um.. quirks. I really appreciated the fact that it wasn't just about style, it included current events (current for the 40's that is), and different social-political themes. This book is a gem, a definite must read for the true fashionista, and if you enjoy it try reading the second book as well!

And now, a word from our Sponsor! 

(Well not really, I just thought I'd include a clip from the movie, which also happens to be one of my favorites aswell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment