Archive


Style Icon Pt. 1: Ashley Olsen



Being a very visual person I have quite a few style icons and am always on the look out for new style muses. I enjoy investigating how they interpret the art of putting an outfit together, making use of whats in their own closets in new and innovative ways.  

For my first style icon that I'd like to explore on my blog I'm definitely going with Ashley Olsen.  



I'd been noticing Ashley O's style for some time now, and since she and her sister (Mary Kate Olsen) have been gracing magazine covers such as the likes of Marie Claire, HAMPTONS etc, its hard to ignore this petite beauty. Being one half of the successful high end brands THE ROW and Elizabeth & James, she has become a high profile fashionista. I have seen her in many different looks over the years and she never bores, always keeping me wondering whats next. 

What I have come to appreciate about Ashley O's style is her sense of comfort, ease and sensibility. Even when it comes to important events Ashley finds a way to turn a say, gray sweater into an evening piece, pairing it with cropped dress pants and heels. She is always dressed appropriately. Which is big deal, because generally women in our age group (18-29) deem it appropriate to walk about scantily-clad merely because they have the bodies for it and its' their prerogative.  

(via www.olsen-twins-news.com)

Aside from her general appearance, I have also come to appreciate the simple but chick way she styles her hair. Usually in a low ponytail or sleek cut she never fails to impress. 



Overall, Ashley Olsen gets an A plus in my book, she's fashionable but not terribly faddish, and appropriately dressed for any occasion. 






Images sourced from Marie Claire and Google Images**

No comments:

Post a Comment