Archive


Style Icon Pt. 2 Molly Ringwald


Alright, everyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE 80's freak (80's babies rule!). 80's music, movies, and trends are always on my mind. I'm kind of one of those people who wastes countless weekends re-watchin' some 80's classic I've already memorised; which brings me to my point, which is of course, Molly Ringwald!

Molly Ringwald was one of the most influencial teens during the 80's setting trends for angsty and thrifty girls everywhere. Made famous by her debut 'brat-pack' or John Hughes film, Sixteen Candles, she has on more than one occasion been referred to as the 'Most Famous Teen of All Time'. Whoa.

I would say that Molly is a Style Icon to me because whatever character she had, whether it was the artsy Andie Walsh (Pretty in Pink) or the rich and revered Claire Standish (The Breakfast club), she really embraced her characters and brought them to life with not only her acting but her fabulous style!

Even though Molly is no longer a teenage sensation, to me she'll always be the young red head with killer style and an attitude to match..

*My favorite Molly Ringwald movie is of course, Pretty in Pink.. (yay duckie)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment