Archive


NYFW Highlights Pt. 1

Hello Again,

Seeing as how my cold got me up early today, I thought I would compile a list of highlights from the shows I'd been viewing on Style.com. I've listed 2 or 3 looks from each designer that appealed to me, and will post these in sections. So far I've been noticing the shearling jacket trend is still going strong, as well as feather embellishments and metallic fabrics. The usage of delicate sheer fabrics caught my attention as well. (All photos are from www.style.com)

ADAM- I really appreciated the mix in colors, feather skirt as well as the ever popular sock with heels combo.

ADAM- I am also a big fan of subdued colors in the fall; creams and oatmeals can never steer you wrong.

Alexander Wang- I enjoyed the re-invention of the Tuxedo in this collection, this being one of my favorites.

Alexander Wang- Tuxedo bib meets sheer like poncho? I like it. And for all its craziness it does seem wearable.

Christian Siriano- This collection was of course very 'fierce', but on a serious note, I've always been a fan of the turtleneck being used as an evening piece, it just works.

Christian Siriano- This gown is very whimsical, but has a dark almost Undine quality about it.

Cynthia Rowley- While on the whole, I like monochromatic, dark colors during fall/winter, I couldn't help but feel drawn to this look. The pale yellow-ochre/muddy brown combo is a win in my book.

Cynthia Rowley- I don't have too much to say on this dress, except that I love it, it has a vintage feel to it, and I have always appreciated a dress that flows as you walk in it.

Jason Wu- I normally am opposed to this shade of blue (ultra-blue?), but I appreciate the simplicity of this look, and the embellishment on the sheer top is like the cherry on top.

Jason Wu- This look is just stunning, and the added veil just give it another notch of sophistication and luxe.

Libertine- I normally am a fan of a more traditional plaid color combo, but this look is a more urban and relate-able play on a classic.

Libertine- I don't quite know why or how, but this just works.

Prabal Gurung- You don't really see this coral red used for the fall too much, and I also like the ombre effect on the fur.

Prabal Gurung- The flowy maxi-skirt legacy continues! I love the monochromatic quality of this look.

Prabal Gurung- The cream as I have stated before is a lovely choice for fall, and I love the use of applique  in this dress as well.

Rag and Bone- Leather looks are growing on me, I think because so many people wear it wrong I was opposed, but this look is all right.

Rag and Bone- I love the color palate used in the this collection, the primary blues, creams, and charcoal grays go well together. I also really love a textured knit.

Ruffian- This look is very classic, that's what I like about it.

Ruffian- I'm seeing a lot of ballerina-esque silhouettes in many collections, this is another example. The simplicity of this dress makes it wearable despite the tutu-like skirt.

United Bamboo- This is my idea of an awesome Fall look. The interesting coat (we all wish we had in our closets) and over the knee leather boot is a win-win.

 
United Bamboo- This is a very easy and yet chic Fall look, its very soft but the white button-down shirt makes it more business-like.



Most of these looks are very wearable for the Average Jane, and encourage mixing and matching your wardrobe staples to make brand new interesting looks. More highlights later on! Enjoy.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment