Archive


Color Blocking.. Do I even want to try?

Ok so, one of the big spring trends right now is Color Blocking. What is color blocking, you may ask? 


Color Blocking is when you wear hues or highly saturated colors in separate blocks in a garment or in separates in one outfit (like orange top with green pants and blue shoes and a pink bag), typically mixing and matching them until they somehow(?) go together.


A few designers that I've noticed utilizing this trend have been: Preen, Chloe, Jil Sander, etc.  Now, am I a fan of Color Blocking? No. Nor am I totally against it either. I guess you could say that I'm trying to wrap my head around it.  I'm one of those people who really likes to match, and so I'm really into the whole monochromatic tones or if i want to mix and match I 'll try to mix complementary colors (like green and red), because they always go together. So my plan is, if I do try out the color blocking trend, I'd try to do it with pastels, something a little less harsh..

Alberta Ferretti evening party dress
$530 - theoutnet.com

Marc by Marc Jacobs draped dress
$600 - net-a-porter.com

Marc by Marc Jacobs crop top
$198 - barneys.com

Knit top
$55 - yesstyle.com

VPL bra
$85 - net-a-porter.com

VPL cotton stretch panty
$75 - net-a-porter.com

Wedge high heels
$110 - aldoshoes.com

Holly Shoes oxford shoes
$70 - yesstyle.com

Versace leather handbag
1,670 GBP - net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment